Here is a list of possible questions that I could research:
- Why did different cultures develop different instruments and musicals styles?
- What are the eras and sub-eras of global music?
- What are the eras and sub eras of Western music?
- Why do Western civilizations enjoy music in 4/4?
- Why do Western civilizations enjoy certain chord progressions?
- Why do our brains differentiate beetween “Dissonant” and “Tonic”?
- Why did Bach and others decide to bring in the more modern era of music after the renaissance?
- Who are some of the big names in modern music theory?
- How did we get the 12 tone scale?
- How do mathematics and logic fit into musical art?
- What is the definition of music?
- How did musical historians define eras of music, and what psychological and historical influences made societies change their art?
- Why do our brains associate certain music with certain emotions and images?
- How is music used to influence society?
- Why is it able to influence us?
- How has music adapted to societies and civilizations around the globe?
Theses questions should yield a lot of information about my chosen topic.